For rules not covered herein, the Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rules, and all relevant Games Workshop Errata and FAQs will be used.
- Players MUST use the same 2100-point army, using a standard force organization chart, for the entire tournament.
- Valid codices: Black Templars, Blood Angels, Chaos Daemons, Chaos Space Marines, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Grey Knights, Imperial Guard, Necrons, Orks, Sisters of Battle (White Dwarf), Space Marines, Space Wolves, Tau Empire, Tyranids, and Imperial Armour army lists.
- The most current version of non-superheavy, non-flyer, non-gargantuan creatures Forge World and Imperial Armour units ARE allowed but are treated as 0-1 choices.
- Forgeworld/Imperial Armour special characters are NOT allowed except in their respective lists without prior permission from the tournament organizer.
- A separate, PRINTED army list is required for the Judge(s) and each of your opponents (5 recommended).
- You must bring a copy of the 40k rulebook and any codex/Imperial Armour books your army uses.
- Armies do NOT need to be painted but models must be WYSIWYG (“What You See, Is What You Get”). Conversions are allowed and encouraged. If you are unsure if your conversion is WYSIWYG, contact the tournament organizer prior to the game.
- Players will each play three (3) 150-minute rounds.
- Missions will be selected from the 40kfightclub Mission book found here.
- With the exception of the league championship sub-bracket (details below), players will be paired randomly for the first round, being careful not to pair players that traveled together.
- After round 1, players will be paired according to battle points earned.
- Should there be an uneven number of players a Bye will be awarded.
- The Bye will be awarded randomly in round 1, then to the lowest ranked player in all subsequent rounds.
Games: Players will split the battle points of drawn objectives (e.g. a total of 20 BP will be awarded each game unless stated otherwise in mission). A Bye awards Battle Points equal to the average Battle Points earned by a given player in their other rounds
Painting: Fully painted armies will receive 15 points. Armies that are 90% finished will receive 10 points. Armies that are mostly painted but are 75% finished receive 5 points. Armies that are largely unpainted receive 0 point. Paint job quality will not be judged (so long as 3 colors and based) but consistency will be factored in when determining if a model is "painted", i.e. if you have a unit that is painted as a ultramarines on ice bases and the rest of your army is painted as salamanders on lava bases, the ultramarines would not be considered finished or if you have a unit that has three colors and a base but is clearly still a work in progress, it isn't finished. In addition each player will vote on the army they consider best painted, players will receive 1 point per vote they receive (max 5).
Sportsmanship: After each game each player will rate their opponent’s sportsmanship using the following scale:
1: I will NEVER play them again and I would like to talk to the organizer about them.
2: My opponent was unpleasant to play and I will try to avoid playing them again.
3: My opponent was tough to play against due to rules issues, attitude or unsportsmanlike conduct but I would play them again
4: I’d play this person again
5: I’d go out of my way to play this person again.
If over the course of three games a player received two one’s they will be asked to leave and will be ineligible for any prizes.
If over the course of three games, a player scores a total score of eight or less they will be lose 5 tournament points, otherwise no points are awarded for sportsmanship.
League Championship Sub-bracket
The championship of the 1st annual Legios Sparticus League will be determined as part of this tournament. The participants in the sub-bracket will be placed in a 4-player direct elimination table that will be played out over the first two rounds. The only difference is that since this is a direct elimination tournament, for the purposes of advancing a tie-breaker objective worth 0 battle points will be implemented (Earn 1 or more victory points than opponent.) The losers in round 1 will enter the general pool in round 2 and the winners of round 1 will enter the general pool in round 3, with whatever points they have earned. Entries to the sub-bracket must use the same codex as they played in the league but are not required to use their fixed list.
- An entry fee of $10 will be charged. Members of the Legios Sparticus receive a $5 discount.
- Hosted at Fortress Comics and Games in East Lansing, MI
- Doors open at 9:00, Dice roll at 9:30